[evlatests] flukes and evla and line observations

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Mon Aug 28 13:25:08 EDT 2006

Barry asked whether //FIN suppressed sending commands to
the Flukes.  It does not, so line observations may suffer
the same problems that Rick observed doing holography.

I would prefer not to make //FIN work differently because
as written it assures that the Fluke is always set correctly.
If a synthesizer is disturbed it will always be set back to
normal at the next scan initiation.

As I said this morning I am a little surprised that the Fluke
relocks if already in lock and the new commanded frequency is
identical to the last.

None of the solutions I can see are very pleasant.
1.  Cause //FIN to suppress the Fluke command
2.  Modify the L16 with a similar end