[evlatests] Report on AJ329 observations, August 9

Barry Clark bclark at nrao.edu
Thu Aug 10 13:02:03 EDT 2006

AJ 329 was dynamically scheduled, so it goes through the alternate
script generator, obs2py, instead of obs2script.  The organization
of LST to UT is different on the two, so I am not surprised that the
scans turned up out-of-sync as I only did a couple of spot tests before.
(I appreciate the information - it gives me something definite to look
into.)  There is a known problem (fixed in the next release) that Modcomps
schedule by apparent sidereal time, but the Executor uses mean, which
can result in a different synchronization depending on the phase of the
saros, which I don't off hand know.