[evlatests] X-band birdies

Dan Mertely3 dmertely at nrao.edu
Thu Aug 10 11:37:08 EDT 2006

Hi David.  It should be noted that the passband of the VLA
and current (transition) EVLA X-band receivers is only:

8000 - 8800 MHz.

The default (VLA) frequencies for X-band are:

AC center = 8435.1 +/- 25 MHz
BD center = 8485.1 +/- 25 MHz

If you are seeing something at 9140.1 MHz, it must be either
extremely strong (if radiated), or injected by the EVLA
signal processing hardware, since the X-band receiver has
very little sensitivity that far above it's 8800 MHz upper
band edge.

-Mert