[evlatests] Feed Moisture

Rick Perley rperley at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Sep 27 10:04:37 EDT 2005

    As mentioned yesterday by Ken, Bob and I found much moisture
in the feed of antenna 16.  'Much moisture' is definitely an
understatement --
the feed looked like it had been spray washed, with liquid on every
available
surface.  Careful inspection of the window revealed no holes or tears, so
the means of entry remains uncertain.  Jim Ruff is investigating.
    We also checked antennas 13 and 14:  The former was dry.  The latter
possibly had minor amounts of moisure on the vacuum window, but
nothing on the weather window or the interior of the feed.

    Ken and I will do sensitivity tests today to see if the expected
improvement is realized.