[evlatests] bandpass compensation trial

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Sep 26 16:55:56 EDT 2005

Mike and I tried the phase equalizing filter today.  It appears
to work once everything was set right.  My impression as the data
went by on the screen is that the bandpass is improved at 50 MHz,
but that we did not do as well at the low edge of the band when
looked at with high resolution.  Only 14A was modified and data was
taken at all bandwidths from 50 MHz to 1.5 MHz in line mode 1A
beginning at 20 19 50 IAT.

The antenna delay changed from -4861 ns to -5163 ns, a difference
of 302 ns.

Mark will make a more careful report after looking at the data.

I will steal Rick and Bob's thunder by announcing that they found
much moisture in the C band feed at antenna 16.  They are proceeding
to antenna 14.