[evlatests] [Fwd: Problems with EVLA 14 and 16]

Bryan Butler bbutler at nrao.edu
Fri Oct 28 12:47:06 EDT 2005

On 10/28/05 09:53, Barry Clark wrote:
> The first sequence, with script 390ptst.script is pretty explicable.
> The script says it is to start at 53672.2983333, which is to say,
> tonight at midnight instead of last night at midnight (Rich - it
> would also help to put your times in UT instead of MDT.)
>
> The second, 390btst.script, file seems to clain to have run normally.  Nothing
> in the log says it wasn't.  I could believe in no fringe, because the
> synchronization between the EVLA and Modcomps is never done explicitly,
> but there is nothing to say the antennas shouldn't have pointed.
> Walter - putting your file in stop times would make it traverse a more
> used and better debugged range of software.  Bryan - I think an implementation
> using the ususal form of subarry.execute, rather than defeating the
> look-ahead feature, would be better.

this is a by-product of basically doing no testing on files in
durations.  if memory serves, i disabled the array.wait() in normal
files long ago (except for the very last one) - just never translated it
over to durations files.  i will sleuth it and fix it.

in theory it should still work as-is though, seems to me.

	-bryan