[evlatests] Posting plots for test results

Mark Claussen mclausse at nrao.edu
Thu Nov 10 11:03:19 EST 2005

Walter and I had discussed how we could easily and without much
work post plots of test results on some web site that everyone could
take a look at.  Walter took the bull by the horns yesterday by posting
some plots on his own evla web site.  I would like to see this able to
be done by anyone who wants to let others see some result.  But I would
like to make it easy for the posters as well as have it reasonably well-organized
and without too much oversight.

So I suggest the following:   I will set up someplace off the main EVLA web page
where we can put plots, and I will organize, by test date, subdirectories of
that place (as Walter mentioned for his evla web page).   I think we can make this
so that either people can put their own plot files in those subdirectories or they can
send me a note saying where the files are and I can provides links to them.  I don't
plan on changing formats of plot files, or setting up ftp sites or anything like that, so
what is posted is what we will get.

As soon as I get a central site set up I will let everyone on the list know
where it is.  Again, to make things easier for posters, you can just send me
a separate note about where things are and I will make appropriate links.

Mark