[evlatests] Tests 12/20/05

Pat Van Buskirk pvanbusk at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Dec 21 10:52:32 EST 2005

Pete/Jim requested that I forward this. Here are the operators' reports
from the previous two nights tests:

Failure: Ant 14 and 16 during 443POLC.  19.2Hz timing pulse not
available.  Antennas started file pointing in wrong direction.
Attempted aborting/re-starting script 3 times.  Also attempted putting
antennas in standby and back to DPM.  Attempted parking and re-pointing
as well.  Antennas would not show up in F display or go to correct
position.  Control screens were showing no AZ/EL errors, but antennas
were not pointing correctly, nor were they showing any errors in AZ/EL.

  Finally parked antennas after 45 minutes.  Antennas were running fine
on previous file 443R570.  Possible script conversion error?

12/20/05 -> FRM problem? Waiting on more information from the Operator.

12/20/05 (evening): The same problem seemed to occur again.  The
antennas were pointing fine and following the loaded script but at some
point I started getting the 'sync_detect' error on the Alerts screen and
both antennas tried to go to the low elevation limit.  I tried putting
them in standby, then back into DPM and they continued to try to go to
the low el limit.  I was able to command them to park and they parked,
but would not follow the script.  (Tom Briscoe)

I believe Ken has more information.

Cheers,
Pat

--
The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but
they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.

Vincent Van Gogh (1853-1890, Dutch-born French painter)