[evlatests] Tests 12/20/05

Pete Whiteis pwhiteis at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Dec 21 11:39:58 EST 2005

Pat, my comments below.

> 12/20/05 (evening): The same problem seemed to occur again.  The
> antennas were pointing fine and following the loaded script but at
> some point I started getting the 'sync_detect' error on the Alerts
> screen and both antennas tried to go to the low elevation limit.  I
> tried putting them in standby, then back into DPM and they continued
> to try to go to the low el limit.  I was able to command them to park
> and they parked, but would not follow the script.  (Tom Briscoe)

There is a known problem within the L305 Module wrt SYNC_DETECT (19.2
timing not available).   This has the net effect of generating bogus
alerts.   For now, I have disable alert detection for SYNC_DETECT on
both L305's until a HW solution is implemented.
I believe the problem with the SYNC_DETECT alert and ACU pointing is
unrelated, unless some consequential action is being generated at a
higher level in the system.