[evlatests] EVLA antennas

Rob Long rlong at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Dec 20 20:21:35 EST 2005

Ant 16 has an issue with the DTS module (digitizer) resetting every few
seconds.  The overflow LED on the center channel of the deformatter
would come on briefly during reset and then shut off.  I don't know if
T304 levels were varied during this time (Ken?) and if it seemed to make
a difference.  We also replaced a bad cable (connector end) in 16-B's IF
at the D-rack, but this made no difference (other than the Total Power
came back.)

I also had to reset 16-D's deformatter for a strange problem I have
never seen before.  All deformatter statistics looked good, but there
was no analog output at the front of the deformatter card.  It appeared
that there was no output from the D/A, but rebooting fixed the problem!

Ant 13 has LO modules installed and cabled for IFs A and C.  Until the
L304 switching is properly wired in (Terry Cotter), only X-band is
connected.  The DTS modules need to be installed along with the LO and
M&C fibers, (the RF cables are installed, but levels are not set.)  The
L300 needs to have a new power cable installed with the proper pin-out,
(same as the L301/L302s.)  There is no LSC or U/X converter in the
antenna and the only T304/T305s are A and C.

Ant 14 seemed to be working reasonably today!!

Rob