[evlatests] EVLA Operations Tests

Rich Moeser rmoeser at nrao.edu
Mon Aug 22 17:58:48 EDT 2005

Bryan Butler wrote:

> On 8/22/05 15:01, Pat Van Buskirk wrote:
>
>> We created a new obs file from our two-hour pointing file and attempted
>> to convert it with obs2script. Our obs file had a blank line at the end
>> of the file which caused a "file not found" error. We eliminated the
>> blank line from the obs file and successfully converted and executed the
>> file. Could obs2script ignore blank lines, perhaps?
>

> yes, it could be taught to do that.
>
>> Obs2script also converted the date incorrectly, setting the julian date
>> one day earlier than current. Did we do something wrong, or is this a
>> bug?
>

> that shouldn't happen.  please send me the details on just how the file
> was created - what scripts were run, what inputs were used, etc..., and
> i'll try to figure out what went wrong.  also, if you could send me the
> actual file that was created (or a pointer to it, anyway), that had the
> wrong days in it, that would help in making sure i'm recreating just
> what happened.

The original file we started with was
/home/mchost/evla/scripts/operations/sysptx2h.obs. Ryan hand-edited this
file and created the more compact file
/home/mchost/evla/scripts/operations/sysptrev.obs.
We ran obs2script against this file which created the file
/home/mchost/evla/scripts/astronomy/sysptrev.evla.

This file contained a 'startTime=53603.38011835'. When we ran it through
the executor with this time it completed immediately. We then changed
the time day to '53604' and it worked.

--Rich