[daip] [!11435]: AIPS - ERROR OPENING SPACE LOCK FILE

Holly Thomas nraohelp at nrao.edu
Tue Jan 9 15:21:13 EST 2018

Holly Thomas updated #11435
---------------------------

ERROR OPENING SPACE LOCK FILE
------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 11435
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template group: Default
             Created: 09 January 2018 05:39 PM
             Updated: 09 January 2018 08:21 PM
      Resolution due: 05 October 2020 12:00 AM (999d 3h 39m)

We do have 777 permissions on the data directories, but something is certainly behaving strangely. I was able to change permissions/ownership of SPACE. This seemed to help, though there are certain user IDs that still see the error. Are they locked after not exiting properly from a previous session or something?Unfortunately the person who installed AIPS on our machines retired, now AIPS is in demand again but we have no one with any expertise.Thanks for your time Eric.