[daip] [!11264]: AIPS - Accessing visibility data hangs

Avery Garon nraohelp at nrao.edu
Fri Nov 17 12:29:01 EST 2017

Accessing visibility data hangs
-------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 11264
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template group: Default
             Created: 16 November 2017 07:20 PM
             Updated: 17 November 2017 05:28 PM
           Reply due: 21 November 2017 05:28 PM (4d 0h 0m)
      Resolution due: 12 August 2020 12:00 AM (998d 6h 31m)

I'm only running one task on this file at a time. When I tried it last, the
%wa was only ~8%, but the %CPU for POSSM.EXE was also only a few percent.
Tracing df didn't show any defective disk space. I don't think my machine
is that old, and it still has ~600G free space. I had been using CASA, and
that didn't have any issues working with this data set (it was slow, but
few to tens of minutes, not hours). I just tried running POSSM on a much
smaller data sample (just one antenna and only for my initial calibration
source (4 scans)) and that did complete in just a couple minutes ...
although it made 1664 PL files and didn't display or print anything, so I'm
confused what that accomplished.