[daip] [!11264]: AIPS - Accessing visibility data hangs

Eric Greisen nraohelp at nrao.edu
Thu Nov 16 16:59:23 EST 2017

Eric Greisen updated #11264
---------------------------

Accessing visibility data hangs
-------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 11264
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template group: Default
             Created: 16 November 2017 07:20 PM
             Updated: 16 November 2017 09:59 PM
      Resolution due: 12 August 2020 12:00 AM (999d 2h 1m)

I talked to an expert and he tells me that the D state is an I/Owait condition.  When running top, look at the %wa amountin the upper part of the display.  If it is high - say 50% or morethan you have I/O calls competing with each other and itis likely that you will catch tasks in the D state.  If it is 100%then you really have something hung.Then the command to try in a window isstrace df &where the & is important.  This will do df and trace all commands executed by df.If the display stops rather than finishing then the last line is referring to thedefective disk device.Eric GreisenIs your machine old, does it have very little memory, are the disks old?