[daip] [!11264]: AIPS - Accessing visibility data hangs

Eric Greisen nraohelp at nrao.edu
Thu Nov 16 16:45:58 EST 2017

Eric Greisen updated #11264
---------------------------

Accessing visibility data hangs
-------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 11264
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template group: Default
             Created: 16 November 2017 07:20 PM
             Updated: 16 November 2017 09:45 PM
           Reply due: 20 November 2017 09:00 PM (3d 23h 14m)
      Resolution due: 12 August 2020 12:00 AM (999d 2h 14m)

Your data set is 351 Gbytes in size.  If you ask possm to average all of baseline 1-2then all of baseline 1-3, then 1.4, etc it will run for a very very long time.  Another question is - are you trying to access this file with more than one task at a time?POSSM when it makes PL files has to have exclusive access so perhapsTYAPL was in a wait state for POSSM to release the data file.  I really do notknow what is going on and it is hard to tell from such a distance.  Perhaps Prof Larry Rudnick could advise?  Or some other AIPS experienced user.  It takes asignificant time to read 351 Gbytes and I am unfamiliar with this "uniterruptiblesleep" state.Eric Greisen