[daip] [!11264]: AIPS - Accessing visibility data hangs

Eric Greisen nraohelp at nrao.edu
Fri Nov 17 12:41:56 EST 2017

Eric Greisen updated #11264
---------------------------

Accessing visibility data hangs
-------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 11264
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template group: Default
             Created: 16 November 2017 07:20 PM
             Updated: 17 November 2017 05:41 PM
           Reply due: 21 November 2017 05:28 PM (3d 23h 47m)
      Resolution due: 12 August 2020 12:00 AM (998d 6h 18m)

If you are generating 1664 plot files with a very limited selection of data then you are doing something very verywrong in your use of POSSM.  Study your INPUTS closely - are you asking for a SOLINT of a very short time, are youplotting each of the 351 baselines individually and eachof the IFs and polarizations individually.?I always run a plot task first with DOTV = 1 to checkthat I am doing something sensible.  POSSM does notrequire a lot of CPU, it only reads the selected data andaverages it, and computes simple plots.  APARM(9)=3will plot all polarizations and spectral windows in one plotand that is generally useful.The suggestions about old machines and defective diskswere made because you used the word "hang" rather thanslow.  POSSM certainly tried to tell you about the plots it wasmaking - do you watch the message window?  When youmake plot files (DOTV