[daip] GG042

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 10 17:06:37 EDT 2017

On 07/07/2017 10:45 AM, 須藤広志 wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> We are analysing the VLBA archive data of the project GG042 (NGC 1068 at 22 GHz).
> Now we are in trouble of the AN table. We should be happy if you could suggest
> how to correct.
>
> In this project, sixteen antennas are included (VLBA, VLA, EB, NT, MC, JB, ON).
> After FITLD, we have three UVDATA files, and last two files shows
> forty five antennas in their AN table. They seems to be duplicated.
>
> We send herewith the output of the AN table by TBOUT, for example.

This is puzzling - FITLD is able to handle renumbering an antenna in the
current file to match the antenna number assigned up to that point.
This used to happen all the time and it worked and has not been changed.

I have looked at the archive and see that it contains many cases where a
correlator job apparently did not work right and was repeated at a later
date.  Both outputs are found in the archive unfortunately.  You will
need to select very carefully in the rather long list of files in the
archive.

I asked Vivek Dhawan about this and he has puzzled over things for a
while.  He is understands the VLBA much better than I do and he is
preparing a detailed list of suggestions.  If the AN file remains messed
up after following those suggestions contact me again.  The AIPS task
RESEQ will allow you to renumber antennas to make a more reasonable list.