[daip] aips LWPLA

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Feb 9 15:08:56 EST 2017

On 02/09/2017 12:31 PM, Hongmin wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> I save the eps as pdf, somewhat alleviate the white line effect.
> But inkscape can handle the eps figure output from difmap well,
> without white lines.
>
> I'll look into the method you suggested. It should be the right
> way to handle the AIPS files :-)

There is no reason for white lines in the aips output.

PostScript is a language that can build complicated definitions on to of
complicated definitions.  And then use them in ways that are very
efficient but entirely obscure - the files are unreadable.  We have
chosen to make our files very readable (plot tasks insert comments into
the plot files and then into the PostScript to tell you what is coming
next).

I do know that PostScript from difmap is of the unreadable sort -
perhaps they do grey scales in some other way.