[daip] [!9780]: AIPS - FRPLT

Eric Greisen nraohelp at nrao.edu
Wed Feb 1 16:39:04 EST 2017

Eric Greisen updated #9780
--------------------------

                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 03 February 2017 09:22 PM)

FRPLT
-----

           Ticket ID: 9780
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 31 January 2017 10:42 PM
             Updated: 01 February 2017 09:39 PM
      Resolution Due: 08 February 2017 10:42 PM (7d 1h 3m)

I am not sure that I am qualified either.  The use you describe would perhaps
want the FFT to be based on SOLINT rather than on what data actually arose
in the SOLINT.  The printed TIME range could be more careful.  I do need to
make sure that some adverbs are honored.  There seems to be an issue with
including more data than intended by the adverbs.  But the size of the FFT
is based on SOLINT with -1 setting the effective SOLINT to the length of the
scan in the NX table.  There may also be a binning issue - when I set
TIMERANGE to just outside the actual time range of my test scan I lose
the outer point on each end.  With 2-second samples it is best to make the
range -1 and =1 second greater so that the samples fall in the middle of bins.
Maybe the SOLINT=-1 has trouble with this...

I will see what I can do to test some of this

Eric