[daip] [!9780]: AIPS - FRPLT

Lynn Matthews nraohelp at nrao.edu
Wed Feb 1 16:22:05 EST 2017

Lynn Matthews updated #9780
---------------------------

FRPLT
-----

           Ticket ID: 9780
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 31 January 2017 05:42 PM
             Updated: 01 February 2017 04:22 PM
      Resolution Due: 08 February 2017 05:42 PM (7d 1h 20m)

I'm not sure I am qualified to give an authoritative answer to your question, as I have no idea how other people use this task.

I went to this task hoping it could help with two things.

The first is as a means to step though the data, looking for unexpected changes in the fringe rate spectra with time and/or between IFs and polarizations.

The second is to visually examine the sharpness of the peaks in the fringe rate spectra for different solution intervals.

In neither case do I want to have to specify TIMERANG explicitly.  I would want to select a source and a solution interval (that may only be a fraction of the scan length), and then step through the resulting spectra, trusting that the time range displayed on the bottom of the screen actually correponds to the data being used.

Of course there are undoubtendly other ways I could be gleaning similar information that do not require overhauling an unpopular task.

Lynn