[daip] [!9780]: AIPS - FRPLT

Eric Greisen nraohelp at nrao.edu
Wed Feb 1 15:26:49 EST 2017

Eric Greisen updated #9780
--------------------------

FRPLT
-----

           Ticket ID: 9780
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 31 January 2017 10:42 PM
             Updated: 01 February 2017 08:26 PM
      Resolution Due: 08 February 2017 10:42 PM (7d 2h 16m)

I am not sure exactly what this task should do.  For example, in my test data,
the scan shows an interval 12 integration times longer than the actual data
that are present after flagging.  FRPLT does its FFT based on 42 intervals, only
30 of which have data.  If I give it a longer time range but not including any
more time on my source it did 236 intervals, 183 of which were empty.  Where
it got 23 more samples I do not know but the FFT ends up with many more
points as you saw in one of your cases (#4 of the 5).

My reaction would be to include only the specified data with a resultant time
interval being from beginning to end of the actual data found in the user
specified interval and to do the FFT based on that.  Thus in my case with a
time range = the scan + a little it would be 30 times and it should - if I can find the 23 -
also be 30 in the larger time range that includes still only the 30 samples on
the requested source.

What think you - do you want the FFT to differ depending on TIMERANGE when
only the same samples appear?

Eric