[daip] Fwd: AIPS installation question for MAC OSX El Capitan

nosratullah mohammadi nosratullah.mohammadi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 17:10:45 EDT 2017

and here is the hole error in my terminal :
./START_AIPS
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the
START_AIPS:  - system name , AIPS type

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.018
  (Using global default file /Users/preetikharb/soft/aips16/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for DADEVS.PL)
   Disk 1 (1) is /Users/preetikharb/soft/aips16/DATA/LOCALHOST_1

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is REMOTE
   Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called localhost
START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on localhost asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - with Internet Sockets...
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on LOCALHOST asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC16 AIPS with normal priority
dyld: Library not loaded: libsvml.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/preetikharb/soft/aips16/31DEC16/MACINT/LOAD/ZSTRTA.EXE
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5
bash-3.2$ DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.018
XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on localhost
dyld: Library not loaded: libsvml.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/preetikharb/soft/aips16/31DEC16/MACINT/LOAD/./TVSERV.EXE
  Reason: image not found
XASERVERS: Start XAS on localhost, DISPLAY /private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.7TzrZ90mr2/org.macosforge.xquartz:0
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on localhost, DISPLAY /private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.7TzrZ90mr2/org.macosforge.xquartz:0
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on localhost, DISPLAY /private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.7TzrZ90mr2/org.macosforge.xquartz:0
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Using screen width 1910 height 958,
     max grey level 8191 in 16 grey-scale memories
STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST] Old TPMON1 link found in /Users/preetikharb/soft/aips16/31DEC16/MACINT/LOAD
STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST]  - will TRY to replace & restart it here.
STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST]  - TPMON daemons on other MACINT hosts may need restarted.
STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST] Starting TPMON1 with output SUPPRESSED
dyld: Library not loaded: libsvml.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/preetikharb/soft/aips16/31DEC16/MACINT/LOAD/./TPMON1
  Reason: image not found

Also, there is no directory called “ INTELCMP” inside the directory "/Users/preetikharb/soft/aips16/31DEC16/MACINT/LIBR”. I assume this is where the 3 files “libsvml.dylib, libirc.dylib, libimf.dylib” are supposed to be, which are then supposed to be linked to “usr/local/lib”.

Can you please advise ?