[daip] AIPS installation question for MAC OSX El Capitan

Preeti Kharb kharb at iiap.res.in
Mon Dec 14 07:52:24 EST 2015

Hi.

I recently updated my OSX to El Capitan. Since the old installation of AIPS did not work, I re-installed X11. Then I tried re-installing AIPS (version 31DEC16), obtained the file “fix_aips_elcap.sh” from the web, and tried -

bash-3.2$ . /Users/preetikharb/soft/aips16/LOGIN.SH
bash-3.2$ ./fix_aips_elcap.sh

This said -

1 libraries were linked to /usr/local/lib instead of the expected three. Something may have gone wrong, or your installation may have already been fixed.

AIPS does not work, although the TV window opens up. AIPS complains about "Library not loaded: libsvml.dylib”. (The complete message from ./START_AIPS is below.)

I read about creating the symbolic link to the libraries. However, there is no directory called “ INTELCMP” inside the directory “../31DEC16/MACINT/LIBR”. I assume this is where the 3 files “libsvml.dylib, libirc.dylib, libimf.dylib” are supposed to be, which are then supposed to be linked to “usr/local/lib” ?

Can you please advise ?

Thanks for your help.
Permit Kharb

./START_AIPS
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the
START_AIPS:  - system name , AIPS type

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.018
  (Using global default file /Users/preetikharb/soft/aips16/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for DADEVS.PL)
   Disk 1 (1) is /Users/preetikharb/soft/aips16/DATA/LOCALHOST_1

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is REMOTE
   Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called localhost
START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on localhost asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - with Internet Sockets...
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on LOCALHOST asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC16 AIPS with normal priority
dyld: Library not loaded: libsvml.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/preetikharb/soft/aips16/31DEC16/MACINT/LOAD/ZSTRTA.EXE
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5
bash-3.2$ DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.018
XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on localhost
dyld: Library not loaded: libsvml.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/preetikharb/soft/aips16/31DEC16/MACINT/LOAD/./TVSERV.EXE
  Reason: image not found
XASERVERS: Start XAS on localhost, DISPLAY /private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.7TzrZ90mr2/org.macosforge.xquartz:0
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on localhost, DISPLAY /private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.7TzrZ90mr2/org.macosforge.xquartz:0
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on localhost, DISPLAY /private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.7TzrZ90mr2/org.macosforge.xquartz:0
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Using screen width 1910 height 958,
     max grey level 8191 in 16 grey-scale memories
STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST] Old TPMON1 link found in /Users/preetikharb/soft/aips16/31DEC16/MACINT/LOAD
STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST]  - will TRY to replace & restart it here.
STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST]  - TPMON daemons on other MACINT hosts may need restarted.
STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST] Starting TPMON1 with output SUPPRESSED
dyld: Library not loaded: libsvml.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/preetikharb/soft/aips16/31DEC16/MACINT/LOAD/./TPMON1
  Reason: image not found

Also, there is no directory called “ INTELCMP” inside the directory "/Users/preetikharb/soft/aips16/31DEC16/MACINT/LIBR”. I assume this is where the 3 files “libsvml.dylib, libirc.dylib, libimf.dylib” are supposed to be, which are then supposed to be linked to “usr/local/lib”.

Can you please advise ?

Reader, Indian Institute of Astrophysics
II Block Koramangala
Bangalore 560034, INDIA
Ph: 91 (80) 2254 1331