[daip] AIPS installation question for MAC OSX El Capitan

nosratullah mohammadi nosratullah.mohammadi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 17:09:22 EDT 2017

Hi
After a lot of searching with no results I found this question that is exactly my question too.

“
Hi.

I recently updated my OSX to El Capitan. Since the old installation of AIPS did not work, I re-installed X11. Then I tried re-installing AIPS (version 31DEC16), obtained the file “fix_aips_elcap.sh” from the web, and tried -

bash-3.2$ . /Users/preetikharb/soft/aips16/LOGIN.SH
bash-3.2$ ./fix_aips_elcap.sh

This said -

1 libraries were linked to /usr/local/lib instead of the expected three. Something may have gone wrong, or your installation may have already been fixed.

AIPS does not work, although the TV window opens up. AIPS complains about "Library not loaded: libsvml.dylib”. (The complete message from ./START_AIPS is below.)

I read about creating the symbolic link to the libraries. However, there is no directory called “ INTELCMP” inside the directory “../31DEC16/MACINT/LIBR”. I assume this is where the 3 files “libsvml.dylib, libirc.dylib, libimf.dylib” are supposed to be, which are then supposed to be linked to “usr/local/lib” ?

Can you please advise ?

Thanks for your help.
Permit Kharb.
 “
and here is the link : https://listmgr.nrao.edu/pipermail/daip/2015-December/022154.html
I couldn't find any answer so i decided to email you and ask your help.
I really frustrate of this error and I tried a lot of ways but no one works .
thanks for responding .

Nosratullah Mohammadi
nosratullah.mohammadi at gmail.com