[daip] AIPS - UVPGET: random parms not all there

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Sep 12 11:30:29 EDT 2016

On 09/12/2016 08:21 AM, Juliana Saponara wrote:

> Hi! I'm a new AIPS user and I'm trying to process GMRT data. My
> colaborator from NCRA have recomended me a routine, FLAGCAL, which they
> have created for flag and calibrate data. The problem is that they use
> 31DEC13 AIPS version (without any problem) while I'm using the 31DEC15
> version and this error came up: AIPS - UVPGET: random parms not all
> there: -1 -1 -1 -1
>
> I don't know what to do, I tried to install 31DEC13 version but is not
> available anymore.
>
> cheers,
>
> Phd: Lic.  Juliana Saponara
> IAR (Instituto Argentino de Radioastronomia)
> camino gral. Belgrano km 40 - Bs As -Argentina

I believe that you can still install 31DEC14.  The format change that
took place in 31DEC15 was to change the random parameter BASELINE into
ANTENNA1, ANTENNA2, and SUBARRAY.  Versions older than 31DEC15 would
then have trouble reading a data set from the 31DEC15.  But 31DEC14
should have no problem with 31DEC13.  The error message you include
above suggests that you did not give this program a UV data set (there
are too many -1's - 31DEC13 should show only one of them for BASELINE
missing).  Note that you can install 31DEC14 without giving up your copy
of 31DEC15 although that may be confusing.

I think you should chastise NCRA for not upgrading to 31DEC16 - there
are lots of goodies to be found in that upgrade.

Send me the IMHEADER from the file that is failing.