[daip] ACSCL lost my calibrator.

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 18 16:21:39 EDT 2016

On 03/24/2015 10:22 AM, R. Craig Walker wrote:
> I have 3.5 minute target source scans and 40 second calibrator scans.  I
> specified SOLINT=-4 in ACSCL to try to get scan averages.  The result is
> that I lost all of the short calibrator scans.  The help file says that
> "small intervals less than 0.2*MIN(SOLINT,SVAN) are not recorded to the
> output SN table".  That probably explains the problem.  I say probably
> because I have no clue what "SVAN" means.  It should be defined.  I see
> that the same issue exists in the ACCOR help file (I did a grep to see if
> it was defined in some other help file).  If it is meant to be the scan
> length, which would be a good thing, then something's not working - maybe
> not in ACCOR either.
>
> Unfortunately it took quite a bit of floundering around to figure out the
> problem.

Changed help file to be more explanatory and changed the 0.2 to 0.1.
Also fixed ACCOR and ACSCL to write out the SN table for the last scan.
  It was dropped sometimes depending on the arrangement of scans.
The code also assumed that an integration time random parameter existed
- something that is not always true.

MNJ in 31DEC16 tomorrow will contain these fixes.

Eric