[daip] [!8690]: AIPS - Factor in CONVL

Hansung Gim noreply at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 18 21:54:41 EDT 2016

Hansung Gim updated #8690
-------------------------

Factor in CONVL
---------------

           Ticket ID: 8690
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 18 July 2016 06:41 PM
             Updated: 19 July 2016 01:54 AM
      Resolution Due: 26 July 2016 08:18 PM (7d 18h 24m)

Dear Eric

  Many thanks for your kind answers with respect to my stupid question.

  I understand what you mean. I realized that I have confused Jy/beam with Jy/pixel. In convolution with a larger beam, the noise is going down in Jy/pixel, not in Jy/beam.

  Thanks for your teaching !  I wish you have a great summer !

All the best,
Hansung