[daip] Compiling OMFIT w/ gfortran

Michael Bietenholz mbieten at yorku.ca
Mon Sep 28 15:06:00 EDT 2015

THanks for looking into it.  The 64-bit gcc-4.8.4-compiled EXE still
fails the same way as ever (MNJ an hour or two ago).  I don't have
LD_LIBRARY_PATH defined, and ldd reports that the .EXE uses
/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 which seems like its the right one, so it
probably is a bug in gcc 4.8.4. Apparently gcc 4.4.5 fixed 82 bugs in
gcc 4.8.4 :-)

It does seem to compile ok on the 32-bit gcc 4.4.5 that my student
is using, so that's the one thats most immediately necessary.

I think some version of gcc 4.9 is available for Ubuntu 14.04 from
non-standard repositories, but I don't feel like opening that can of
worms if I don't have to.

       cheers,  michael

              michael