[daip] Compiling OMFIT w/ gfortran

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sun Sep 27 14:45:06 EDT 2015

On 09/21/2015 09:52 AM, Michael Bietenholz wrote:
> Hi Eric:
>
>   Thanks for the time you have already put in to try and get OMFIT to
> compile.  I understand of course that this isn't your highest priority :-)
>
>   Anyway, in case you don't still have it, attached is the test data
> set and input file, and below are the AIPS inputs to OMFIT that I used
> to produce the crashes with the gfortran-compiled version

Your data also work on gfortran 4.9.2 optimized and noopt.  You might
want to check your $LD_LIBRARY_PATH to make sure it includes the lib64
that you are using, e.g.
primate<541>$ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/usr/local/compilers/gcc-5.1.0/lib64:/opt/local/bin

I also tried gfortran 4.4.7 (comes with RedHat 6) and it also worked
with and without optimization.

Sigh...  I am out of suggestions.

Eric