[daip] [!7520]: AIPS - compiling 31DEC15 AIPS (subroutine CHLOTU)

Michael Bietenholz do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Mon Nov 2 02:25:26 EST 2015

Michael Bietenholz updated #7520
--------------------------------

compiling 31DEC15  AIPS (subroutine CHLOTU)

           Ticket ID: 7520
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 31 October 2015 04:10 PM
             Updated: 02 November 2015 07:25 AM

Okay - I haven't tested running things yet, but I just got 31DEC15 AIPS to compile on a Debian Jessie 64-bit system (3.16.0-4-amd64) with gcc/gfortran 4.9.2 (Debian 4.9.2-10).

I needed to make the following modifications to get there:

1) If I just take the compiler options as supplied by install.pl etc. (with blank .AIPSRC) for my system, the two flags which get set but which caused problems were "-ip" and "-axWPT".  I think both of these are Intel-compiler specific and will cause gcc and gfortran problems.  So you have to use either .AIPSRC or CCOPTS,FDEFAULT to remove these flags from the compiler directives.  It would probably make sense to take these *out* of the compiler-flags that get supplied by install.pl etc when gcc/gfortran compilers are specified.

2) Building XAS fails with /usr/bin/gcc  -D_BSD -DUSE_SHM -O2 -axWPT -c xas.c.  XAS's Makefile does not use CCOPTS - so this is the same problem as above, but a special fix for XAS is required.  One has to edit XAS's makefile (after it gets created) and then rerun install.pl to compile it.  Again, I think this Makefile has some switches in it, and could probably get edited so as not to use the -axWPT option when the gcc compiler is being used.