[daip] installing local tasks in AIPS

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Jul 10 18:31:24 EDT 2015

On 07/06/2015 03:46 PM, Rick White wrote:
> Hi Eric,
> After a lot of floundering around, I've given up on getting a compatible version of the Intel compiler installed.  In case it is helpful to you or someone else, I include below a list of some of the things I tried.
>
> So if possible, I'd appreciate it if you can try to build these for me.  I'm not optimistic that this will go smoothly because it has been a few years since we've been able to compile these, and changes in the AIPS subroutine interfaces or common blocks could break them.  But I guess it is worth a try to see how it works.  The logic in these changes very rarely -- the most recent change in any of the code was more than 3 years ago.
>
> I've attached a gzipped tar file that unpacks into a directory named 'bob' with two subdirectories ("other" and "happy").  If you go into the bob/ directory, there is a 1aareadme.txt file with simple instructions.  If a miracle occurs and everything works, you would just do this:
>
> source <aips-location>/LOGIN.CSH
> make
>
> That builds a library and about a dozen executables.  If some of them fail, it would still be helpful if only 'make happy' succeeded -- that's what we use most heavily.
> Thanks,
> Rick

make really does not work with AIPS

I did build HAPPY and it is available at my public ftp site
    ftp.aoc.nrao.edu  cd pub/staff/egreisen/ HAPPY.*
The .EXE uses the compiler used for the binary release.

In the other area there are a lot of subroutines.  They all compiled but
the complete collection contains multiple definitions of CLREST, GETPOS,
and GETEPC.  Which definitions do you want?   I can build them all I
assume when we resolve that issue.