[daip] installing local tasks in AIPS

Rick White rlw at stsci.edu
Mon Jul 13 17:32:09 EDT 2015

Hi Eric,
Thanks for compiling HAPPY!  I copied it from your ftp site and did a quick sanity check, and at least the task does start successfully.  We'll need to wait until Bob is back from his trip to be sure it is fully functional.

I used make for 15 years to build my (tiny set) of AIPS tasks, but I'm sure my approach was not optimal --- and it certainly was not flexible enough to support lots of operating systems like you do.

To fix the multiply defined subroutines, omit/delete these files:

CLRESTZ.FOR
QCLEAN.FOR
IMGRZ.FOR
preY2K-getepc.FOR
CTGB.FOR
fudgepos.FOR

With those omissions, I believe that all the duplications will be eliminated and these tasks will get built:

ANNAB
CTBOX
FIXMP
FLDNN
GETSB
IRNG2
MKBOX
MYTBT
NEWTB
PUTKY
SCTBX
SRCFN
SUBI2
UNANN
UNFXM
VTEST

Thanks!
Rick

P.S. Bob, HAPPY is installed on last in VERSION='FIRST' with FIRST = /Users/bob/aips/31DEC15/first/.  Once you're confident that it works, we should be able to install it on some of the other LLNL machines.