[daip] ANTAB and GC tables

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at nrao.edu
Fri Feb 6 17:04:38 EST 2015

Hi Matt,

Eric looked at ANTAB, and discovered that it always used 200 as the default
number of dimensions for the GAIN (per IF).  This puzzles me since that means
years ago when we had to use ANTAB all the time APCAL always worked then, so why
doesn't it work now.

Anyway, he suggested a work around which I tested and works.  If you write into
an existing GC table then it will take the format of that table.  So you can
either write into GC/1 or copy it and write into that.

Eric is looking at making ANTAB smarter and I am trying to figure out why APCAL
croaks, since technically the bloated GC table is correct just bloated.

Amy