[daip] [!6135]: aips - Task MATHS in 31DEC15 sets BUNIT=UNDEFINED

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 3 16:06:15 EST 2015

Eric Greisen updated #6135
--------------------------

       Staff (Owner): Eric Greisen (was: -- Unassigned --)
                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 05 February 2015 08:41 PM)

Task MATHS in 31DEC15 sets BUNIT=UNDEFINED

           Ticket ID: 6135
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 03 February 2015 08:41 PM
             Updated: 03 February 2015 09:06 PM
      Resolution Due: 11 February 2015 08:41 PM (7d 23h 35m)

In the case of this one OPCODE with only cparm(2) non-zero
it can be argued that the units remain Jy/beam - just scaled
differently.  In general, this OPCODE and many of the others
change the units in non-linear ways that clearly make them
not true Jy/beam.  Hence the change of the units to UNDEFINED.

I guess I could look at MATHS (which has not been changed in
many years) and see if there are cases like this that the units
could be left.

You can use KEYWORD='BUNIT'; KEYSTR='JY/BEAM'; PUTH
to fix the units back if you view this simply as a calibration
correction.  Note, verb RESCALE could have done the MATHS
operation more simply.