[daip] [!6135]: aips - Task MATHS in 31DEC15 sets BUNIT=UNDEFINED

Eskil Varenius do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 3 15:41:19 EST 2015

Eskil Varenius updated #6135
----------------------------

Task MATHS in 31DEC15 sets BUNIT=UNDEFINED

           Ticket ID: 6135
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 03 February 2015 08:41 PM
             Updated: 03 February 2015 08:41 PM
                 Due: 05 February 2015 08:41 PM (2d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 11 February 2015 08:41 PM (8d 0h 0m)

Dear helpdesk,
I recently used the AIPS task MATHS in my AIPS 31DEC15 installation (updated today) to multiply an image with the factor 0.7. I did this by using "OPCODE=POLY" and "CPARM = 0,0.7,0". The task seems to be working fine, but when I write the resulting FITS image to DISK I see that the BUNIT keyword is UNDEFINED instead of "JY/BEAM". I have checked that CLEAN does produce the images correctly. I have also checked that FITTP correctly saves other images. I also note that in AIPS, after applying MATHS, I can read using "IMHEAD" on my output image: "Maximum= 1.44652033E-03 UNDEFINE". Hence, it seems to be that MATHS somehow removes the brightness unit from the image. My scripts, and CASAViewer, does complain about the lost brightnessunit. Would it be possible to fix so that the task MATHS would write the correct unit to the output file?

Best regards,
Eskil