[daip] [!7690]: AIPS - How to remove the 'RFI' in VLBA continumm observation data?

Amy Mioduszewski do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Mon Dec 7 12:38:32 EST 2015

Amy Mioduszewski updated #7690
------------------------------

                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 09 December 2015 04:40 AM)

How to remove the 'RFI' in VLBA continumm observation data?

           Ticket ID: 7690
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 03 December 2015 04:32 AM
             Updated: 07 December 2015 10:38 AM
      Resolution Due: 15 December 2015 04:40 AM (7d 18h 1m)

Hi Hui,

I have used RFLAG on VLBA data with a lot of success.  I just adjusted the numbers that came out of the first run of RFLAG to be a bit more aggressive, i.e., I made the cutoffs lower than RFLAG calculated, which I based on the plots and knowledge of the RFI in the band.  But you can always redo RFLAG if you do not get the result you want, make sure you create a new flag table so you can delete it and try again if you are not happy with the results.

Amy Mioduszewski
NRAO