[daip] [!7690]: AIPS - How to remove the 'RFI' in VLBA continumm observation data?

Hui Zhang do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Dec 3 06:32:03 EST 2015

Hui Zhang updated #7690
-----------------------

How to remove the 'RFI' in VLBA continumm observation data?

           Ticket ID: 7690
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 03 December 2015 11:32 AM
             Updated: 03 December 2015 11:32 AM
                 Due: 07 December 2015 11:32 AM (4d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 11 December 2015 11:32 AM (8d 0h 0m)

Hi, Amy,

        I am sorry to bother you again. I am processing the VLBA  continumm  observations data at  S-band.
I find there are serious RFI at this band. Though there are many tasks to flag the bad data, I am puzzled to
how to select these tasks.
       Please check the attached file named 'POSSM.PS', there are many RFI on different baselines and at different
scans. The RFI is complicated because at the same scan, some baselines are affected by RFI, some are not. It is
time consuming to flag the bad channels one baseline by one baseline. So I want to ask, what's the usual method
to flag the RFI like the example here?
       I also tried to use the task 'rflag', but I don't know whether this task is availble to VLBA data? Or is it only availble
to EVLA data?  Please check the attached file 'RFLAG_TEST_PLOT.PS', I don't know how to determine the 'threshold' from
this figure, when I set the parameters in task 'rflag'?
      I am looking forward to receiving you suggestions,  thanks. I'd also like to thank you for your help before, now I can process
the VLBA data at X-band with your help.

Yours sincerely,
Hui Zhang
Shanghai Astronomical Observatory, CAS