[daip] Installation Problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Aug 5 12:30:03 EDT 2015

On 08/05/2015 09:51 AM, Ferrari wrote:
> Dear Sr. or Madam.
>
> I am trying to install the AIPS program but it seem to be failing in
> crating a connection with ftp.aoc.nrao.edu <http://ftp.aoc.nrao.edu>
> (146.88.1.10). The hole massage is:
>
> AipsWiz: ==> Confirm: start the install with these settings [Y]: y
> AipsWiz:  =====> Creating or updating HOSTS.LIST file
> AipsWiz:         -- Done.
> AipsWiz: /network/athena/ferrari/Área de
> Trabalho/31DEC15/SYSTEM/UNIX/PERL/31DEC15 does not exist, will be created.
> rsync: failed to connect to ftp.aoc.nrao.edu <http://ftp.aoc.nrao.edu>
> (146.88.1.10): Connection timed out (110)
> rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(128)
> [Receiver=3.1.0]
> AipsWiz:  =====> Configuring your AIPS_ROOT area...
> AipsWiz: Error: Cannot find 31DEC15/SYSTEM/UNIX/AIPSASSN.SH
> AipsWiz: Error: AIPS SYSUNIX area is incomplete

I am not sure what you are doing.  Are you attempting a network install
(perl install.pl -n) or doing a text install?  You seem to have an aips
tree of directories, but are then trying to make AIPS_ROOT be way way
down in the tree when it is supposed to be at the top.

ftp the install.pl file from NRAO to
/network/athena/ferrari/Área de Trabalho/
and make that your AIPS_ROOT area.  Start the perl install.pl -n there.

BUT, before starting again, check the file $HOME/.AIPSRC.  I fear that
it contains bad information - such as a bad idea of AIPS_ROOT and
perhaps more.  Edit the to  eliminate wrong information,

ftp.aoc.nrao.edu exists and is running so far as I know.

Check things and try again...