[daip] [!4920]: aips - XGAUS

Lynn D Matthews do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed May 28 14:53:53 EDT 2014

Lynn D Matthews updated #4920
-----------------------------

XGAUS
-----

           Ticket ID: 4920
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 13 May 2014 11:06 PM
             Updated: 28 May 2014 06:53 PM
                 Due: 31 May 2014 12:00 AM (2d 5h 7m)
      Resolution Due: 26 May 2014 09:28 PM

I did some additional tests, and I can no longer reproduce the third error that I reported.
Either it got eliminated by your other fixes or else I now have some parameter set differently.

A few last comments/questions.

The first is regarding the "HAND" option. If I select this and enter guesses by hand, the parameters I enter are taken as fixed and the fit is displayed. Following this, I find that it would be desirable to again be presented with the "DO FIT" option. Otherwise, if the guesses were not perfect, the only choice is to start from scratch with imprecise point and click guesses using the TV.

A related question: Is there a way to keep one or more Gaussians fixed while allowing it to fit the rest?

Last thing: Translating between "offset in pixels from the reference pixel" and velocity can get confusing, especially since one sees velocity (or absolute pixel number) displayed on the TV. Having the option to express (and record) fit parameters in physical units would be nice, although I don't know if this would be practical to implement.

Lynn