[daip] [!4708]: aips - Problem when running ANCAL

Wei Zhao do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Mon Mar 24 01:46:27 EDT 2014

Wei Zhao updated #4708
----------------------

Problem when running ANCAL
--------------------------

           Ticket ID: 4708
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 21 March 2014 08:32 AM
             Updated: 24 March 2014 05:46 AM
      Resolution Due: 31 March 2014 08:32 AM (7d 2h 45m)

Hi Eric!

I just let one of my co-workers run ANCAL on his computer with the same text file.
He gets the error message like

"LOCALH> ANCAL1: Task ANCAL  (release of 31DEC12) begins
LOCALH> ANCAL1: ZTXOP2: using translated file name =
LOCALH> ANCAL1: ZTXOP2: /Users/fgao/work/mcp/TY
LOCALH> ANCAL1: BAD ENTRY IN GB       TSYS CARD :   88 87: 6    87.0
LOCALH> ANCAL1: ZCLOSE: DOES NOT PERFORM TEXT FILE CLOSES AS OF 15OCT87
LOCALH> ANCAL1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
LOCALH> ANCAL1: localhost    31DEC12 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0"

But later he tried with ANTAB, and  everything works fine and he gets the TY table that I need.

THe attachment is the text file  to which I pointed with adverb CALIN.
The second line of the note in the file is " ! This section can be read by ANCAL in AIPS."
which mislead me to use ANCAL instead of ANTAB.

Staff CP:  https://help.nrao.edu/staff