[daip] [!4708]: aips - Problem when running ANCAL

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Mar 21 11:33:10 EDT 2014

Eric Greisen updated #4708
--------------------------

       Staff (Owner): Eric Greisen (was: Amy Mioduszewski)

Problem when running ANCAL
--------------------------

           Ticket ID: 4708
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 21 March 2014 08:32 AM
             Updated: 21 March 2014 03:33 PM
      Resolution Due: 31 March 2014 08:32 AM (9d 16h 59m)

I talked to our VLBI expert and she never uses ANCAL.
ANTAB, followed by APCAL, is the normal route to do
what ANCAL tries to do.  I also looked at the code for
ANCAL and it does a lot of things in Fortran that it is
not  supposed to do - fixing it will be difficult and there is
no data set available to test it on.