[daip] [!4643]: aips - Spectral Line Analysis

Chris De Pree do-not-reply at NRAO.EDU
Fri Mar 7 16:03:13 EST 2014

Chris De Pree updated #4643
---------------------------

Spectral Line Analysis
----------------------

           Ticket ID: 4643
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 07 March 2014 07:50 PM
             Updated: 07 March 2014 09:03 PM
      Resolution Due: 17 March 2014 07:50 PM (9d 22h 47m)

Eric,

Thanks for the reply. Let me try to be more clear -

When I was a graduate student, I used GIPSY to make integrated line profiles from line data sets over particular regions in a field. It was nice, in addition, to be able to make continuum weighted line profiles over boxed regions.

Is there any equivalent package in AIPS that will do that? XGAUS seems like the closest fit. I just want a package that will output (1) data, (2) gaussian fit and (3) residual in columns, and tell me the parameters of the fit. I can plot in another package just fine.

Chris