[daip] (IMAGR) Re: aips issue

Dharam Vir Lal dharam at ncra.tifr.res.in
Fri Jun 27 17:54:28 EDT 2014

Dear Eric,

thanks for the mail.  Since, it was bothering me, I chose
to perform re-installation of AIPS and I am all set.

Next, do you have recommended values for Adverbs in IMAGR, in particular
  - OVERLAP
  - ONEBEAM
  - OVRSWTCH
  - IMAGRPRM (11-16)
  - IM2PARM
  - NGAUSS
  - WGAUSS
  - FGAUSS
  I can handle former three, but any wisdom for the rest would be
appreciated.  I tried this once (for the first time) using "help imagr",
etc. but ended up having fuzz around every point source regardless of
weather they had extended emission or not.  I am running it for GMRT data,
325 MHz, and I expect ~8" resolution and 0.7 mJy/beam noise in the final
image.

P.S. And many thanks for making available MS-MFS in AIPS, re-installation
really gave me new IMAGR.  I would like to stay with AIPS than force
myself and switch to casapy.

Thanks!
Dharam.