[daip] binary install of aips

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sat Jun 21 22:23:42 EDT 2014

On 6/21/2014 4:06 PM, Ramana Athreya wrote:
> I am trying to install the binary version of aips 31DEC13 but am
> running into problems with the proxy on our system for rsync to your
> ftp server
>
> After digging into the install.pl <http://install.pl> file I realised
> that if I copy over a bunch of directories into my machine I can
> modify the rsync part of the install file to get the job done.
>
> Would it be possible to pack those directories into a tar file that I
> can ftp over? I can access your ftp site through both the browser and
> wget.
>
> I run the 64 bit CentOS 6.5.
>
> The required directories are
> 31DEC13/SYSTEM
> 31DEC13/AIPS
> 31DEC13/APL
> 31DEC13/CVS
> 31DEC13/DOC
> 31DEC13/HELP
> 31DEC13/HIST
> 31DEC13/INC
> 31DEC13/Q
> 31DEC13/QY
> 31DEC13/RUN
> 31DEC13/Y
> TEXT
> 31DEC13/LNX64/SYSTEM
> 31DEC13/LNX64/CVS
>
> Any other work around would also be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> Ramana Athreya
> Associate Professor
> Astronomer & Ecologist
> Indian Institute of Science Education & Research (IISER), Pune, India
> Phone: +91-20-25908022, +91-99603-18508
> http://www.iiserpune.ac.in/~rathreya
> <http://www.iiserpune.ac.in/%7Erathreya>
> Other email: firstname dot lastname at gmail dot com
The tarball we make each night already contains this and more.  Try
downloading the
31DEC13.tar.gz file and using install.pl actually to unpack it. Exit
install.pl when it asks
about compiling and then try your work around.  But really rsync should
be available to you....

They can open it up just to the one site.

ERic Greisen

---