[daip] [!4250]: aips - Writing FITS IDI with AIPS

Tracy Clarke do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue Jan 14 14:39:17 EST 2014

Tracy Clarke updated #4250
--------------------------

Writing FITS IDI with AIPS
--------------------------

           Ticket ID: 4250
                 SLA: ALMA E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 14 January 2014 07:39 PM
             Updated: 14 January 2014 07:39 PM
                 Due: 17 January 2014 07:39 PM (3d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 23 January 2014 07:39 PM (9d 0h 0m)

I know that AIPS can read in a FITS IDI but is there a task to write data out in FITS IDI format within AIPS?
On a quick check I see FITTP does not but FITAB writes in a binary table, is that meaning FITS IDI format?
We want to test new software for VLITE and would like to easily create FITS IDI in addition to using archival
VLBA data already in IDI format.

Thanks,

Tracy