[daip] [!4245]: aips - AIPS data structure

Adam T Deller do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue Jan 14 05:05:27 EST 2014

Adam T Deller updated #4245
---------------------------

AIPS data structure
-------------------

           Ticket ID: 4245
                 SLA: ALMA E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 14 January 2014 10:05 AM
             Updated: 14 January 2014 10:05 AM
                 Due: 17 January 2014 10:05 AM (3d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 23 January 2014 10:05 AM (9d 0h 0m)

Hi Daip (this is probably a question for Eric),

Recently I suffered file system corruption which affected an AIPS area on one of my machines.  It seems that virtually all of the files have been saved, but they were moved into lost+found/ with unrecognizable names (that appear to have been generated from the inodes associated with the files), and the actual MACHINENAME_1/ directory is gone, it seems.

So, I was wondering, is the list of files that was in DATAAREA/MACHINENAME_1/ maintained anywhere else?  E.g. somewhere in $AIPS_HOME/DA00/ ?  Is there any other way I can reconstruct the filename from the contents of the files?  Otherwise I have 950,000 AIPS files totalling 3 TB, but no way to reconstruct a usable AIPS data area...

Thanks in advance,
Adam