[daip] VLBAEOPS and INFILE.

Craig Walker cwalker at nrao.edu
Tue Nov 12 15:57:10 EST 2013

I'm using AIPS TST on a Mac with a midnight job a couple of weeks ago
(just before previous message).  I'm not quite sure how recent my AIPS
was in Feb.

Meanwhile, I need INFILE to do the EOP.  The aips data gathering schemes
cannot penetrate my firewall etc at home.  So I log in at the AOC, ftp
the files to the AOC, then copy them home.  Of course, CLCOR for EOP is
pretty simple minded so I can just run it without much additional
trouble.   Note that, if you are working on a whole series of
observations, you can just download one EOP file and use it for all.

AIPS global variables used for different purposes in different programs
has long been a weakness of the system.  There's probably not much to be
done about that now.

Cheers,

Craig