[daip] [!4060]: aips - missing epoch in old VLA data

Elias Brinks do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue Nov 12 10:52:16 EST 2013

Elias Brinks updated #4060
--------------------------

missing epoch in old VLA data
-----------------------------

           Ticket ID: 4060
                 SLA: ALMA E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 12 November 2013 03:52 PM
             Updated: 12 November 2013 03:52 PM
                 Due: 15 November 2013 12:00 AM (2d 8h 8m)
      Resolution Due: 21 November 2013 12:00 AM (8d 8h 8m)

Hi,

I have a 1981 dataset which when running a LISTR OPTY='SCAN' tells me the epoch is 0.00; the same is true for the header.

I checked against the calibrators and it should have been B1950.0; now, I ran PUTHEAD and placed the correct epoch in the header, but this is not sufficient. It appears more fields in the uv-data need to be filled with this correct value. The reason for wanting to add this to the uv-data is that in that case I can calibrate against the model of the primary.

I can think of at least two work-arounds, so I can get the data calibrated, but it would be nice if there is an easy way to provide this missing info in these old archival data.

Cheers,

Elias