[daip] New Client Reply - [!LTT-971236]: velocity conversion

Lynn D Matthews do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Jul 5 10:27:08 EDT 2013

New Client Reply: velocity conversion

I'm running CVEL with APARM 0. However, I still can't see a way to get CVEL to do the right thing without first modifying the SU table with SETJY.

If I restore the original SU table and skip SETJY, CVEL messes up IFS 1-4 and 6-8. This is because the original SU table specifies that the velocity at channel 1 of all eight IFs (not just IF5) should be 7.3 km/s, resulting in huge spurious velocity shifts.

Computing by hand the velocities for each IF and then running SETJY seven times to set them prior to CVEL doesn't seem right either, but I can't immediately find any other solution.

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: LTT-971236
Department: AIPS Data Processing
Link:  https://help.nrao.edu/staff/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=viewticket&ticketid=3452