[daip] task CL2HF

Sergio.Jimenez at uv.es Sergio.Jimenez at uv.es
Thu Feb 14 10:53:05 EST 2013

Hello.

Sorry if this is not the e-mail address I should be writing to. Please
redirect this mail if that is the case.

I am having some problems with AIPS (relase of 2012, running on a MAC,
10.5.8), when trying to execute the task 'CL2HF' to create an HF table.

First of, here you have the output I get from CL2HF...

#############################

localh> CL2HF1: Task CL2HF  (release of 31DEC12) begins
localh> CL2HF1: Version history:
localh> CL2HF1: 19980811: GSFC version merged into system version
localh> CL2HF1: 19980814: Correctly processes 4 digit dates
localh> CL2HF1: 19990131: Added subarray adverb + bug fixes
localh> CL2HF1: 19991005: Different CL times + many mods
localh> CL2HF1:           Resids & model from table  CL #  6
localh> CL2HF1:           Phase cal info from table  CL #  3
localh> CL2HF1:            Solution times from table SN #  4
localh> CL2HF1:            HF output stored in table HF #  1
localh> CL2HF1: No time range specified, accept all times
localh> CL2HF1: Sorting Input tables
localh> CL2HF1: ZABORS: signal 10 received
localh> CL2HF1: ABORT!

#############################

Well, I don't know how to trace an error like that 'ZABORS: signal 10
received' without specific information. Maybe with some help I could
figure out where the problem is.

To give you a clue, I will provide some extra information...

- I can run the task in an old machine, running AIPS release 2005 over a
Scientific Linux, with a MODIFIED version of CL2HF. I don't know what
the changes are, and no one in my group remembers who changed that :). I
only have the binary EXE file, not the source, too bad. I am
investigating to find out who did it...

- I tried to copy the modified version (binary file) to my mac, but the
task didn't start at all (non compatibility issue).

- I cannot run the task either with a different computer I own, running
an Ubuntu distro, AIPS release 2011. I get signal 9 or 11 instead, but
the program aborts anyway (ZABORS). I have tried the modified version of
CL2HF from the 2005 release and it doesn't work either (different AIPS
version?).

Please let me know if I can give you more details I may have overlooked...

Thank you.

Sergio